Chapter 23 The Red Tower

 Uldrago is a wolf-like creature of rank 3, but its skin is covered with dragon-like scales. Its skin is so hard that swords and spears are repelled by it, so an inferior adventurer cannot even wound it.

 Moreover, it has not lost its wolf-like speed, and it is hard and has high evasion power, making it a monster that makes adventurers cry.

"Uldrago's strategy is magic, and he's vulnerable to fire magic, so if Uldrago comes out, Lethia will stall him and Sailor will use fire magic to damage him."

"Yes, sir."

"Okay, sir."

"..."

 I think it's because I've given orders only to Lethia and Sailor, but Saint-Louve is looking at me with tears in her eyes. The eyes of a cute little girl looking up at you is extremely destructive.

"Keep me safe, Saint-Louve."

"Okay, One!"

[Master, I've finished modifying the MP7. It's a power-oriented modification.]

[Oh, you got it, thanks, Ins. In case you were wondering, how powerful is it?]

[Yes, we've gone to the limit of what we can do with the current [[Mail Order]] rank, so the power has been doubled.]

[Doubling up means I can give Uldrago a scratch, right?]

[There's room!]

[I can afford it! All right, I'll get my gear.]

[Master. If you've defeated Uldrago, use it as a material instead of selling it because it's just the right material for [[Magical Tool Creation]].

[All right. The corpse of the demon in the storage can be sold at Insu's discretion.]

[Thank you.]

 Well, now I have an effective way to attack a rank 3 demon. You can use your magic wand, but since Sela is here, I'll use MP7 to help you.

 It's normal for rank 1 to rank 2 demons to appear in the 6th layer, and rank 3 demons should never appear, but the party I just met was attacked by a rank 3 Uldrago. Uldrago.

 According to their information, Uldrago had dark blue scales and was extremely fast. Speed is synonymous with werewolf demons, and they said that the wizard managed to kill it with fire magic and saved their lives.

 In other words, even if his weakness was fire, if his fire magic was weak, he wouldn't have been able to defeat it, but only defeat it.

"So the Lord is finally ready to do something! Don't worry, Uldrago is nothing to worry about!"

 When I take out my MP7 from the storage, Lethia comes up to me and smacks me on the back, laughing happily. Don't hit me because it really hurts, my HP is decreasing steadily.

"Now that Grose-san is motivated, let's go for it!"

 No, "Treasure your life!" Please!

"Gau! I'll protect you, Goddess of Mercy!"

 The three of them are even more motivated... and I'm following them. I can't wait to get home.

 Just as I was thinking that, Saint-Loup sniffed, his wolf ears twitched, and he started to alert the forest.

There's something in here.

 Saint-Louve is on high alert, his hand on the dagger crossed behind his waist. Lethia and Sailor have also raised their guard to the next level.

 Saint-Louve runs and draws his dagger and attacks something hiding in the woods.

"Gah."

Damn it, how did you know?

"Hurry up and destroy the kid!"

 The waist-high grass between the dense trees swayed and swayed. Every time the grass swayed, screams and angry voices could be heard.

 After a while, the noise disappears and Saint-Loup emerges from the forest.

"The one who hunted the Lord in the forest."

 When Saint-Louve told me to check the forest, I found eight miserable men lying there. They seemed to be breathing, so they weren't dead. More importantly, to disable 8 men in less than a minute, Saint-Louve-chan is amazing.

"You're a bandit."

"Bandits? Are there even bandits in the dungeon?"

"It's coming out . Moreover, if you leave a corpse in the dungeon, after an hour or so, the corpse will be taken into the dungeon and there will be no more evidence."

 Wow, being absorbed into a dungeon is a fantasy.

"But if I make a bandit, won't it go on my status record?"

"The only people who have criminal records are the ones who did it or ordered it. That's why we redeem items and other items obtained by collaborators who don't have criminal records."

"I see, so it's the collaborators with no criminal record that are out in the open, while the criminals continue to rob in the dungeon like this."

 The demons alone are a problem but we have to watch out for bandits too.

"And that's only up to these six layers or seven layers at best."

"Hmm? Why?"

"Most of the people who become bandits in dungeons are adventurers who have reached the end of their careers and have fallen. There are only rank 1 and rank 2 demons in dungeon 7, but rank 3 demons appear in dungeon 8, so the bandit's range is limited to dungeon 7. So the bandit's range is limited to layer 7. If you can kill rank 3 demons, you can make a lot of money as an adventurer, so there is no need to become a thief."

 If you can make money by slaying demons, you don't need to be a bandit. I have heard that an adventurer who can kill a rank 3 demon is given an honorary baronetcy as a quasi-aristocrat by the government, and an adventurer who can kill a rank 5 demon is given a baronetcy as a nobleman.

 If you become an honorary baron, you will receive a stipend from the government. In other words, if you can defeat a rank 3 demon, you can become an honorary baron and maintain a reasonable standard of living.

"So, what do we do with it?"

 I point to the eight fallen bandits.

"You can get 200,000 yen for each bandit if you hand them over to the Adventurer's Guild, but you can also get 50,000 yen if you kill them and take their heads. If you have a bounty on your head, you get the reward too."

"Then let's just take the head."

 Lethia raises her axe and is about to swing it down on the neck of a fallen bandit.

Wait, wait, wait!

"Hmm? Lord, what's wrong?"

"I'm going to hand you over alive to the Adventurer's Guild! So put that axe away!"

"What's the trouble with bringing him in alive?"

"Even if it's messy, let it live!"

 If we let the bandits live and hand them over to the Adventurer's Guild, we won't be able to explore the dungeon any further, so Lethia is probably thinking that if we just kill the bandits and cut off their heads, we can continue exploring the dungeon.

 Take the ropes out of storage and tie up the eight men. When you do this, remember to take their weapons and check their weapons of mass destruction.

 I tied eight of them together, with Lethia holding the end of the rope, and led Saint-Louve, the bandits, Lethia, and Sela to the transfer stone that I had registered about ten minutes ago. The eight bandits were annoying, so I gagged them. Some of them were kicked by Lethia several times, but I ignored them.

 There is at least one of these stones in each level, and you can move between them by touching and registering them.

 However, in order to activate the transfer stone, you will need an item called a transfer crystal. These crystals are items that sometimes drop from monsters, and you can get 2 or 3 of them if you kill 10 monsters. So if everyone has these crystals, you can use the transfer stone to get to the transfer stone at the entrance of the dungeon in an instant.

 Give the crystals to the bandits and transfer them all. You leave the dungeon and go to the adventurer's guild to hand over the bandits. It didn't take much time for the guild to find out their names and criminal records.

 And now, I'm sitting across from the head of the Adventurer's Guild in a private room.

"I've recently sent out a search party to see if the fatality rate among the young is rising. I guess I owe Hendler-san. Those bandits are called the Hamra Bandits, and among the eight that Hendler-san captured this time was the head Hamra."

 You know, there was a bandit with that name when I checked [[Appraisal]]. Was he the head of the bandit group? But there aren't many bandits for a bandit group... should I assume there are other bandits?

"Hamra is the prize. This is the prize money of 5 million yen, and the other seven are worth 200,000 yen each, so the total is 640,000 yen. That's 640,000 yen."

"That Hamra bandit group only has eight members?"

"...No, probably more like 30. At least that's what the guild thinks... just watch your backs for a while."

 Maybe he'll pay you a visit? Oh, man, we're in a lot of trouble.

 I'll just stay home for a while and be quiet. But I've got three girls who won't let me...

light_mode