Chapter 35 Recruiting And Cheating!

"We want to appoint talent!"

"Oh no, you're abrupt. You shouldn't just walk into a girl's room and say things like that. You should always say something like "You're always beautiful" or "You're always pretty" to warm up the room before getting down to business."

 I'm going to visit Catherine-san of the Commercial Guild early in the morning. Well, I can't fulfill your request!

 I'm sure you'll be able to find someone who can help you.

"Oh, well, I'll be right back."

 Sighing and leaving the room, Catherine San returned a short time later with a file.

"So - what kind of people do you want and how many?"

"I'd like more than five, at least three, as long as they can do the math and are honest."

"Hmm, I don't suppose you have any preference as to appearance or age?"

"We don't want people who look like they scare customers. And while there is some heavy lifting involved, it's basically light work or clerking, so if you can't handle this job, please avoid it."

 Kathryn-san flips through the pages of the thick file she brought me when I asked her what she wanted.

 Her eyes are not the usual Catherine San's, but the eyes of a deputy guild leader of a commercial guild.

 And I think I've found some good people.

"Well, if you could come tomorrow at noon. I'll gather all the girls I can think of and you can interview them and decide."

"Thank you, sir. We'll take care of the personnel."

"Hmm... the human resources thing. Does that mean there's more to the story?"

"Yes, I've brought a different product today, and I'd like you to take a look at it."

 I took out a stack of A4 copy papers and a ballpoint pen.

 Then I took a sheet of copy paper and wrote slurred words with a ballpoint pen. Fortunately, for some reason, I can write the language of this world, so I wrote "Please buy paper and pen" so that Katherine San can read it.

"This is it!"

 Instead of the usual onnae character, Catherine San's thick voice sounds like an old man again.

 He picked up a copy paper and looked at it carefully, folding it lightly and rubbing it, and seemed to be very interested in paper. After touching the paper for a while, he picked up a ballpoint pen.

"The pen already has ink in it, so you can use it until the ink runs out. You don't have to reapply the ink."

"...how much can I write?"

"I can't say for sure, but at least you can write a lot of words on this paper and not run out of ink."

"Not so much..."

 Now, the commercial guilds use parchment, even if it is made of skins of animals or demons other than sheep.

 Parchment paper is A3 size, and even a cheap one costs 800 yen per sheet, but it is not that expensive for a commercial guild. If you are a member of a commercial guild, it is not so expensive.

 But the copy papers I showed Catherine San were bought for 1 or 2 yen each, so even if I sold them to the Commercial Guild for 50 yen, I'd still be in the black. That's right. Moreover, if the guild is a commercial guild, it can make a profit by economies of scale.

 Not to mention that a ballpoint pen is much easier to use than the quill and ink combination that is commonly used in this world.

 There are some people on Earth who use dipping pens with ink, but only a few of them.

How much do you have, and how much do I owe you?

 Katherine looks at me with a serious gaze. The usual Katherine was scary in a different way, but the way she looks at me now is scary, like she's trying to pierce me with the serious gaze of a businessman.

"We can provide 10,000 sheets of paper for the time being. If you want, we can continue to supply them. The price is 50 yen per sheet. We can prepare 500 pens, how about 1,000 yen per pen? ?"

 In terms of sales, the products I have been wholesaling are much better, but my thoughts are not about sales or profit.

 In other words, they are launching an economic invasion.

 If I don't distribute my goods, not only the guild but the market itself will be in trouble. That's the situation I'm trying to create.

 The reason why we came up with this idea is that the noblemen who want to take over Braham are the most troublesome people in our situation, and we are making it difficult for them to touch us. That's why we are making such an economic invasion.

 If Katherine San sees through this idea of mine, it might make him...her an enemy, but I'm going to do what I can.

 In fact, my economic invasion is already underway.

 In addition to sugar, pepper, salt, and various spices, the company also distributes recipes for dishes using these ingredients free of charge.

 Not only the economic invasion, but also the cooking and snacks are made from the goods I distribute, so if there is a shortage of the goods I distribute, the citizens will complain.

 Once accepted and normalized, it becomes difficult to return to the previous state.

 Good food, sweets, and useful items. By making the people of this city, and this country, dependent on me to provide these things, I'm making it impossible for them to get rid of me easily.

"Is it that cheap? You can sell it for a lot more, you know."

"But it's still enough to make a profit, so you'll be fine."

"I'll take all you've got." "When can I get it?"

"I'll bring it to you tomorrow, even before your interview."

"Okay, it's decided!"

 Now if we can just increase the number of items we distribute and get the lifeblood of this city's economic activity behind us... well, at least the first step of the plan worked.

 After today, I'll be going home to work on my [[Mage Crafting]] skill. You'll be able to make more items than just Speed Boots, and you'll be able to sell the items you make.

 We'll have to keep the shop and open another one... or we can let Lulu and Daisy open their own shop and I'll help finance it and distribute the goods to them.

 Yes, let's produce shops that are deeply rooted in the lives of the citizens.

 Lulu said she wanted to run a grocery store, and Daisy a restaurant.

 Let's invest in a grocery store and a restaurant first, and let's make Japanese culture take root deeply in this town.

 All right, we're still open. I'll talk to you two later.

 First, I'm going to use my skill [[Magic Tool Creation]] to create speed boots for the first time in a while.

 First, buy boots from [[Mail Order]]. Then use the wolf leather and boots as materials to cast [[Space-time Magic]]'s Haste.

 Type: Speed Boots (National Treasure)

 description: doubles agility value.

 Hmm? National Treasure... what do you mean? Did you do it, by any chance?

 I've made a few of these before, so I thought the image would be fine, but the resulting speedboots were much more powerful than the previous ones.

 When I asked Insu about this National Treasure grade, he said it was a grade of item that became visible after adding Insu's basic knowledge to [[Appraisal(S)]]. It's a nice upgrade.

 There are three grades: low grade, intermediate grade, high grade, special grade, national treasure grade, legendary grade, and divine grade, with divine grade being the highest rank. Most items in general circulation are low grade or intermediate grade, and rarely high grade or special grade, but there are no national treasure grade items.

 Yeah, I can't deny I've done it.

 So I imagined that I would ask Saint-Louve to wear these, and make a speed boot of a slightly lower grade, preferably of a higher grade.

 Type: Speed Boots (Advanced)

 Description: Increases agility by 30%.

 Type: Speed Boot (Special Class)

 Description: Increases agility by 50%.

 Nine pairs of advanced speed boots and one pair of special speed boots have been made, and the announcement of the ins echoes in my head.

[Master, [[Space-Time Magic]] has been upgraded in rank from [C] to [B]]

[You did it! But you're already ranked up to [B]!"]

[[Mail order]] to sell things in storage, or to store purchased items directly, so [[space-time magic]] is used more often, so it's easier to accumulate the experience needed to rank up].

[I see. So, why don't you tell me everything you know about magic?]

 To tell the truth, I asked Insu to let me know if there were any skill upgrades or job upgrades recently.

 Thanks to you, these days I can see rank and level ups on the fly.

 But I don't even recognize the spell that I can use now after I rank up. So I ask Ins for an explanation.

[Copy that, Master. Haste, slow, storage at rank E. At rank D, transition gate, stop. At rank C, other space, space-time boundary. Rank B is Instantaneous Transfer, Reverse. becomes]

[Hmm, I've heard about the transfer gate before and I know the stop, but can you explain about the other space, space-time boundary, instantaneous transfer, and reverse?]

[Yes, master. The other dimension creates an arbitrary world created by the master in the other dimension. Only the master and those with the master's permission may enter this other space.]

[Oh, that's nice.]

[As the name suggests, a space-time ward forms a ward of space-time attributes. The space-time attribute is very strong because it is not susceptible to interference from other attributes.]

[This one's good, too.]

[Instantaneous Movement is a spell that allows you to move instantly within sight of the master. It is a useful spell for evasion and surprise attacks in battle].

[Yeah, yeah, I'm glad I chose [[Space-Time Magic]].

[Finally, Reverse is a spell that rewinds the target's time. If you use it on a human, you can rewind even an egg, and if you use it on a weapon such as a sword, you can make it new. However, please note that it consumes a lot of MP to compensate for the lack of mass.]

[It's a cheat!]

[It's a cheat... the Master's skills include [[Mail Order]], [[Space-Time Magic]], [[Soul-Eating]], [[Search]], [[Precision Shooting]], and a parade of other cheats?]

[No, the best cheat for me is [[Navigator Alpha(Ins)]]!

[Oh, thank you!]

 After being confronted by Ins with a bunch of cheat skills, I start creating magic items again.

 I've decided my next project will be a magic bag.

 The materials for the magic bag are cloth made from the threads of a rank 4 death spider, a non-attribute magic stone from a rank 4 demon, thin leather from a rank 4 demon, and, like me, [[space-time magic]] or [[space magic]]. storage magic]].

 Incidentally, [[space-time spell]]s can have the effect of stopping time as well as expanding space, but [[space spell]]s can only expand space.

 Death Spider's Cloth, Rank 4 Demon's Thin Leather, and Rank 4 Demon's Stone of No Attribute can be purchased through [[Mail Order]].

 The current [[Mail Order]] has a rank of C, so you can get materials for demons up to rank 4!

 Materials can be purchased through [[mail order]], so if you have the funds, you can prepare as much as you want.

 Now it's time to make a magic bag with these materials.

 First, I imagine the waist pouch that Sailor uses for me. It's easier to use a waist pouch like that.

 The cloth of the Death Spider is on the inside, the tan leather of the Death Serpent is on the outside, and the non-attribute magic stones are made into a powder to be absorbed by the entire area.

 Finally, he adds an image that gives storage... it emits a very beautiful light, and when the light stops, there is a waist pouch sitting on the workbench.

 The shape is good, just as I imagined. The rest is performance. [[Appraisal]]!

 Type: Magic Bag (Legendary Class)

 Description: Waist pouch with time lapse stop and extended content volume. The content volume is 1 cubic kilometer.

 What is that? Magic Bag? Isn't that a magic pouch? Well... okay.

 But I can't help but feel like I've done it. I think it's a bad performance to sell. Because it's a legend!

 But a magic bag for three people has to be this good!

 So make three equivalent ones, and then produce the rest to be advanced.

 Type: Magic Bag (Advanced)

 Description: Waist pouch with time lapse stop and extended content volume. The content volume is 100 cubic meters.

light_mode