Chapter 5 Emily'S Awakening

 Emily's Awakening

"--Haah"

 When Emily woke up, it was still midnight.

"Are you awake? Let me make you some tea."

"No, wait, what, I was asleep?"

"Please make yourself comfortable, sir."

"No, no, no! I can't! Why am I being taken care of by you?"

"Here's your tea. It'll wake you up."

"Oh, thank you... not!"

 The wooden cup offered to me was filled with a refreshing herbal tea.

 It's certainly refreshing and cool to the palate.

"...You know, I don't even know why I fell asleep..."

"I'm sure you were tired."

"Don't you ever do that again."

"!"

 Nina's eyes widened and her lips quivered as I said it in a strong tone,

"I'm sorry, sir. I was out of line."

 Bowing deeply.

"No, that's not it! I don't want you to apologize!"

"But, sir..."

"You asked me for a job, and I took it. So I want you to be my client. ...or you'll be really miserable."

"I'm just a maid who doesn't know what to do. That's why it's really reassuring to have Emily-san here."

"It's nice of you to say so, but then there are veterans who are even better than me."

"......"

 I said something that was hard to reply to," Emily said, pouring her bittersweet regret down her throat with a cup of herbal tea.

"...I should've told you from the beginning. You should have told me why I was in trouble with the guild. Why they call me the perpetual rookie."

 So I decided to tell Nina, who knew little about adventurers or magic, about Chan and myself.

 Nina didn't know much about it.

 I'd seen magic before. He had seen magic before, for when he worked at the Earl of Markwood's mansion, there were often mages of great renown among the guests.

 However, the magic I saw in my first camp seemed very wonderful.

 It's like I'm on a journey.

 That's why I realized that I was the only one who was enjoying myself, and when I heard all about Emily's situation, I became distressed.

 I wonder what Emily would have thought when she saw me getting excited.

 The thought of how much pain Emily had been through made it all the more painful for her.

"So, tomorrow, I'll take you and -chan to the Clay Fountain, but when we get back to the city of Furmun, if you need me, next time, don't ask me, ask an adventurer named -chan. ?"

 How kind of him, Nina thinks.

You've been told you have it in you, but you can't use it, and that's your fate.

 But she still went to the adventurer's guild.

(In the midst of all this, she accepted a request from a maid like me at .... She even told me about herself, even though she didn't want me to know, and she even cared about me...)

 Emily's kindness, Nina thought, was warmer than the soup and herbal tea she had made.

"I'm going to ask Emily-san again."

"...you know, if it's any consolation..."

"It's not pity! I want Emily-san! I want Emily-san, who is very strong, very responsible, and very kind!"

"You..."

 Emily's mouth dropped open,

"...you're more stubborn than I am."

 I chuckled.

"You want me?"

"Yes, I want Emily-san."

"Does it have to be me?"

"Yes, I'd like it if it wasn't Emily-san."

"Well, I can't help it then."

"!"

 Nina realized the meaning of the word "allow",

"Yes! I can't help it!"

 He replied in a loud voice.

 The distance between us must have disappeared at that moment.

 The title of "client" or "adventurer" disappeared, and the two of us became closer.

"What's Nina going to do when she goes back to Full Moon? I mean, what are you doing in a maid's uniform?"

"I've been fired from the mansion..."

 Now it was Nina's turn to tell her story.

 Then Emily got angry for Nina as if it was her own fault.

 That made Nina happy.

 I felt sad that I couldn't say goodbye to Mona, because I was sure that if I had told her, she would have been angry like Emily.

 However, it was also because I left the mansion that I met Emily.

"That's why I'm on a sightseeing trip right now."

"You mean you're leaving Frumun in the near future?"

"Yes..."

 Nina is disappointed to think that she will have to say goodbye to Emily.

"In that case, I think I'll follow you."

"What?"

"I don't have any attachment to the city of Furmun. Besides, it would be reassuring to have someone who's been there before.

"Oh, I'm so happy!"

 Just when I thought I was going to have to say goodbye, Emily came along with me.

 Nina was happy to be able to sit up.

"But it's fine if you want to take a carriage, but if you want to go to a remote place like this, I don't think I can do it alone. I mean, my strength and yours are not that different."

"Well...is it?"

"That's right. That's what First Rank magic is all about. So I'll probably have to hire an adventurer on the road."

"......"

"...Nina? What's wrong?"

"Um, Emily-san, I have a few ideas."

 It was then that Emily remembered something from her ten-year career as a maid.

"I once spoke with a maid who was a renowned mage. I'd like to try something with Emily-san, if you don't mind."

"Want to try... something?"

 I always knew she was weird.

 Judging from the flow of the story, she is probably trying to do something for herself, who can only use first rank spells, even though she has the potential to use fifth rank spells.

(I'm glad you feel that way, but...)

 He had tried expensive medicines and the guidance of renowned mages, but none of it had worked.

 No maid, no matter how good she is at cooking, can do anything about that.

 I don't even feel like I'm doing the right thing.

 However, I was willing to stay with Nina until she was satisfied.

 We're going on a journey together.

 That was it.

"First, give me your hand. Can you put your arms around me?"

"Hmm. Like this?"

"Wow...Emily-san's arms are so white and her skin is so beautiful."

"Hey, hey, hey, don't look at me like that."

 When I looked at Nina's hand, I saw that it was small and had many small scars here and there. When she touched my arm, her fingertips were stiff.

(The hands of those who work...)

 Emily can tell that Nina has been working with Ichan day in and day out as a maid.

"I'll rub it."

 Despite Emily's thoughts, Nina's small hand moves,

"Hmm? Ah, what's this feeling, wow, what?"

 Nina's fingers began to move smoothly, as if they had melted from the root, and moved up Emily's arm, squeezing her wrist.

"Oh, no, oh, oh, this feels weird...!"

"It's going like this~"

 Nina is still in the same shape, but she's coming up from her elbows with tremendous speed.

 Once her arms were sufficiently relaxed, her fingers moved to Emily's back.

"Hyun!"

 It's the same feeling as the scalp massage.

 A stimulus like a weak electric current runs down my back.

 It doesn't relax you and make you sleepy, but it warms you up and makes you feel warm.

(No way... is this evoking magic?)

 The magic that we know is inside you.

 But it's never been available to Emily before.

 It was like a dam that would never open.

 That's what Nina is trying to unravel.

 It relaxes not only the physical body, but also the magical power that fills the body.

"Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah 〜〜〜〜〜〜!!!"

 I couldn't help but shout.

 I see it.

 The dam bursts, and a torrent of magical power rushes out.

 It goes to every corner of the body.

"Ah, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha..."

"I'm done... would you like some water?"

 She accepts the water bottle and gulps it down.

"Puh-ah!"

 He finished his drink and got up.

"Spirit of Fire, gather in my hands and dance."

 A flame appeared in my palm - but it was the size of a volleyball, much larger than the one I had used to light the firewood.

"...Dance, nymphs of flame, gather in front of my hand and dance."

 When you hold up your hand, a kind of shimmering flame appears on the ground about 10 meters away. Immediately after, a pillar of flame appeared.

"Wow, wow, that's amazing!"

"......"

"What kind of magic was that! Emily-san--wow!"

 Emily turned around and hugged Nina with both arms.

"...the 2nd order."

"Eh?"

"I can use second level magic..."

 No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't do magic above the first level.

 It's so easy to do.

 The surprise, the joy, surged in my heart,

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. ---- ah. ------"

 Emily was crying, letting her voice go.


light_mode