Chapter 57 Let'S Get Away

 Honoka Hino

 Red-haired and red-haired wizard .

 A fire wizard who loves all things fire magic.

 Especially good with explosive magic.

 So far, he's conquered all 13 levels of the Red Tower by himself.

 Takeo Osaki

 Dark-haired, dark-eyed wizard.

 We know she's a wizard, but we don't know how she fights.

 Solo into the Red Tower and you'll get many rare materials.

 He often drinks at the adventurer's guild hall, but when he drinks, he becomes very funny.

 The materials up to the fourteenth layer of the Red Tower are brought in.

 Camellia japonica 'Akane Souhara' (cultivar of common camellia)

 Black hair, black eyes, fighter.

 He's an infighter with a penchant for punching and kicking.

 I don't belong to any particular party, so I often make an extra party.

 He has a reputation for being a good fighter.

 The highest point of the Red Tower is the Twelfth Layer.

 Oriental paper bush (Edgeworthia chrysantha)

 A goblin, but probably Japanese.

 A mad scientist who fights with alchemical explosives. His eyes are dead.

 Goblins are surprisingly good with their hands.

 He has entered the Red Tower with Hina and Kaname, and the 15th level seems to be the highest level he has reached.

 Eupatorium makinoi (species of boneset)

 She looks like a Japanese child (a young woman), but her occupation is unknown.

 It is said that she uses a dagger, but the details are unknown.

 He is in a party with Touka Ujihara, and the fifteenth level of the Red Tower seems to be the highest level he can reach.

 ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

 I have collected information on five people who seem to be Japanese, but I think they have strong personalities.

 Especially the last two, a goblin and a little girl, they look dangerous.

 Also, the wizard Takeo Osaki seems to be hiding his abilities, so it's hard to judge.

 Honoka Hino, a fire wizard, seems to be difficult to get to know, but the four of them say that she is kind at heart.

 Then there's martial artist Akane Souhara, who seems to be the type of girl who's cheerful and easy to talk to, even when she's new.

"From the information I've seen, I'd say Honoka Hino and Akane Souhara, but what do the four of you think?"

 I'll ask nicely.

"I'm going to talk to those two, but Asami and Kazumi want to talk to Take-chan too."

 Take-chan... oh, Takeo Ohsaki. Take-chan is a friendly guy. Are you guys close?

"Takeo-san is pulling back because Miho is stepping in..."

 I agree with you that Minho is too familiar.

 Well, the four of you should discuss it thoroughly and come to a conclusion.

 So I'm just gonna listen.

"Well then, let's go talk to Honoka-chan, Take-chan, and Akane-chan!"

 Miho stood up and pumped her fist in the air.

 You're still overreacting.

"That's fine to fill in, but what about Miho's new job?"

"Yeah, I'm changing jobs! I'll take all the heat for you guys! Come on!"

 Minho thumps him on the chest and he coughs. He's so boring.

 Minho has changed his career from a double swordsman to a holy knight.

 Since I didn't change my job after I reached the maximum level of Twin Swordsman, my ability has been reduced, but it can't be helped.

 Nevertheless, he said without hesitation that his past experiences were not in vain and that it was worthwhile to grow toward new possibilities.

 I think Miho's strength is her ability to think positively.

 Shields are for Lethia, Lethia is for shields. That's why Miho is undergoing special training from Lethia. It's called training in hell.

 That's fine with Minho, the other three are on their way to recruit potential party members.

 Hopefully Asami, Kanami, and Kazumi will be able to contact the three people they want at the guild hall.

 Me? I'm not going. This is their problem.

 I hope the girls and the candidate have a satisfactory discussion .

 I visited the orphanage. To see how they've grown.

 I walk onto the orphanage grounds and a few kids run up to me.

"Saint-Loup-chan, let's play!"

 So you ran up to Saint-Louve, not to me. ....

 I guess I feel closer to him because we look the same age.

 Sanlove ran to the ground with the kids.

 I'm heading to the staff room.

 I walked into the staff room where Braham and a few other adults were talking .

Hey, what's going on?

 He talks to Braham and the others who are discussing with serious faces.

"Count!"

 Braham wasn't surprised, but the other adults were so startled that they stood bolt upright.

"Make yourself comfortable. What were you talking about with that serious look on your face?"

 Braham and the others told me they were working out the terms of letting the children go on their own.

 It's an orphanage, so eventually the children will have to be left on their own.

 In this world, you are considered an adult at 15.

 So they were discussing whether or not to kick the kids out when they turned 15, for lack of a better word.

"Some fifteen-year-olds need protection, don't they? What do you do in that case?"

 Braham replied that my question was on the agenda for this meeting.

"Why don't we just do the final exam?"

"Graduation exams?"

 They all look at me like I'm crazy.

"This is a test for you to leave this orphanage. If you say you want to be an adventurer, do you have the minimum skills and knowledge to be an adventurer? If you want to be a merchant, it's a test of your ability to read, write and calculate."

 In Japan, there are schools and many people obtain qualifications through tests such as the XX examination and the XX test.

 I don't mean to recreate those systems completely, but it would be a bad awakening if we force people to be independent and then let them die or be reduced to slavery.

 I don't know how to put it, and I don't mean to say it in a bad way, but I want you to live out your life because I saved you and brought you up.

 However, it is also a problem that they cannot be independent forever, so we have to be strict with them.

"I see..."

 Braham puts his hand to his chin and thinks.

"Don't worry about the money. So think about it and think about what's best for the kids."

 Braham smirked when I said that. I have a bad feeling about this.

"So I can fund the purchase of a skill scroll then?"

 The other adults looked at Braham with a puzzled look on their faces, as if to say, "What is he talking about?

 Well, if you don't have the skills, your employment rate will be very different, and if you are an adventurer, your survival rate will be affected.

"...it won't be possible for all of us, and we'll have to make strict rules about using it. Let's see what we can come up with. Make a list of the skill scrolls you want, and the rules, and submit them."

"I'll tell you what. I didn't think you'd actually allow me to do it."

 Don't be surprised if he says it. This guy.

"Like I said, don't rely on your skills so easily. There must be strict rules for giving skills, and if such a rumor were to spread and the number of orphans increased, we wouldn't be able to see it, so please think about those measures."

 I know this because I myself relied on my skills, but it's important to build up your experience in battle.

 I don't think I'd be alive if it wasn't for Ins.

It's a tall order, but you're right. I'll come up with a plan as soon as I can."

 I want my children to grow up well and to be happy after they become adults and stand on their own.

 No parents, no siblings. Abandoned. So many things have happened to these orphans that I sincerely hope they will be happy after they leave this orphanage.

"Grose-san, you gave those children a chance to be happy. Let's believe in their potential."

 Sailor is a good woman who understands my feelings. I held her close and kissed her.

 In the evening of that day, I received a call from the materialized Ins in King's Landing.

 Apparently there's been a disturbance in King's Landing.

 The dungeon we broke through in King's Landing has been transformed and resurrected.

 It seems that rank 4 demons have appeared from the first layer, rank 5 from the second layer, and rank 6 from the third layer.

"I hear there's a summons for a nobleman with a background in adventuring."

"So you're saying that Grose-san has been summoned as well?"

 I'm not an adventurer, but Inns sees a call coming.

"So I've decided to go on a journey for a while. Fortunately, it takes five days to get from King's Landing to this Red Tower no matter how fast I hurry ."

 I don't like it when people take advantage of me.

"Doesn't the Lord go to the dungeon?"

 Lethia asked boringly.

 I haven't exactly accepted that they've taken Inns hostage. If I didn't have to stay in this country, I would return Ins and move to another land.

 You can't expect me to give you my cooperation unconditionally because you've got Ins hostage. So I'm gonna go on the run.

"The adventuring nobility will take care of it."

"And if that adventurer noble can't handle it?"

 I'm sure Sela's worried about the people of King's Landing. I've asked Inns to contact me as soon as possible if the adventurer nobles can't handle it.

 If there is a rank 6 demon in the third level, it is not surprising that there is a rank 7 demon in the fourth level and a rank 8 demon in the fifth level.

"Ins will call you when he does, and we'll make our move then."

"I'll follow my master, Wang."

"I'm going to follow the Lord, too."

"Needless to say, I'll be following you."

 Okay, we've got a deal.

 Let's get the hell out of here.

 I explained to the four girls and Braham that I was going to stock up for a while.

 I also gave a mithril shield to Miho, who has changed jobs. I've heard from the four girls that their recruitment is going well, and I'm sure it will increase by the time I come back to the Red Tower.

 Finally, I asked Hommen to report to Viscount Kanryo after the fact. I am not obliged to report to Viscount Kanryo no matter where I go, just in case.

light_mode