Chapter 73 Let'S Break The Audience 1

"Here you go, sir."

 I had breakfast, changed my clothes, and went to the parlor after dressing myself.

 The aristocrats in this world are dressed in medieval European clothes, but I am dressed in a casual jacket and jeans.

 It's my house, so it's probably not that rude. I don't know.

 It's been about an hour and a half since the messenger came.

 You may think that it is not right to make the messenger wait so long, but it is the messenger who has come early in the morning, so what is wrong with making him wait?

 It is reasonable for you to visit us after confirming your availability, and it is not reasonable for you to be offended by it.

"Count Hendler, it's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Baron Arnold Barthes. I apologize for my early morning visit."

 Baron Varus didn't raise an eyebrow when he saw my clothes.

 His clothes are unusual in this world, but he has a high level of poker face.

"This is polite. Grose Hendler. Please make yourself comfortable."

 Baron Barth is a soft-spoken middle-aged man, and his face and body shape are not remarkable, and he looks like an ordinary uncle.

 I sit down, Baron Varus sits down, and the servants put down their drinks and go back.

"I apologize for my haste, but I am here today by order of His Majesty. I would like Count Hendler to accompany me to the castle."

"Is this about the summons to appear?"

"Yes, I'm Nama."

 Baron Varus proceeds smilingly.

 I was a little prepared for the arrival of a high-handed messenger, but the selection was quite clever.

"By the same road, do you mean now?"

I'm sorry, sir, but you're right.

"I just arrived in King's Landing yesterday and I haven't made any preparations. So, can I have some time?"

"To be honest, Your Majesty has been anxiously awaiting Count Hendler's arrival in King's Landing. Therefore, I would like to ask Count Hendler to come to the capital as soon as possible."

 Baron Varus stands up and bows deeply.

 If I say no here, this Baron Varus will have a hard time standing between the king and me.

 I think that's fine too, but I don't need to be overbearing from the start.

 We can respond to them by observing their movements and attitudes.

"All right, sir. Just give me a minute. We'll be ready for you soon."

"Thank you, sir."

 I got up and left the parlor.

 Well, I'd better change into something more formal.

 I'm going to stop trying to conform to this world's norms.

 I don't care if people know I'm Japanese, I'm going to live my life as I like.

Lord, are we going to the castle?

"Yeah, I'm going to the castle."

"It's my job to protect the Lord. I'm coming with you!"

 I knew Lethia would say that.

"This time only Lethia will follow me. Ince, Sela, and Saint-Louve, I need you to guard the house."

"Do you think that the Hand of the State will attack the mansion?"

"I don't know, but the house is surrounded, just in case."

 My [[search]] shows the reaction of the quasi-hostiles circling the compound.

 Perhaps, depending on my actions at the castle, they're planning to break into the villa and take Ins hostage.

 Ins knows that, so there is no need for me to say anything about it.

All right, let's go!

"Oh!"

 I changed into my suit and tightened my tie, and got into the spirit.

 I've instructed the servants to prepare a carriage for you, so the carriage should be ready by now.

 You may ride into the castle with a Type 96 Armored Car (Cougar), but refrain from intimidating them because they are not hostile.

 The carriage was purchased from [[mail order]] for use in King's Landing, and has been modified to make it more comfortable to ride in.

 The things that Ins needs for his activities in King's Landing are purchased at his discretion.

 We'll follow Baron Valse's carriage to the castle.

 There are two wagons surrounded by 30 soldiers. That's an exaggerated force by any measure.

 Is he trying to keep me here, or does he have other intentions?

 When we arrived at the castle, Lethia and I were sent to the waiting room.

 There are two maids in the corner of the room in the nobleman's antechamber.

"This couch is so uncomfortable."

 Lethia sits down on the sofa, do you know what it's like to sit in the armor of everlasting darkness?

 I'm gonna sit on it.

"You're right, it's not very comfortable."

 My mansion in King's Landing is filled with fine Italian furniture.

 Insu bought it because he thought he would be ridiculed if he used cheap furniture when he had guests.

 Compared with the furniture, the sofa in this waiting room is not comfortable and the furniture is cheap.

"The king seems to have a very low opinion of the Lord, letting him into such a cheap room."

 When I was in Japan, I was surrounded by more cheap furniture.

 When the maids heard Lethia-chan and -kun's words, they turned pale and rushed out of the room.

 Will you refrain from making too much noise? When the time comes, I'll make some noise.

 After a while, a man dressed like a butler appeared.

 I think it's because Lethia's words got through to her.

"I'm sorry, but if you could just move to a different room..."

"It's too much trouble. I'll stay here. Or do you have someone else to use?"

 I don't care if it's cheap. It's too much trouble to move to another room now.

"No, no, it's not like that..."

 The butler wipes the sweat from his forehead with a handkerchief. That's tough.

"Anyway, have you had an audience yet? I'm a busy man myself."

"I'm sorry..."

 No, it's not the butler's fault, is it?

 It's their fault for making me wait, so don't sweat it.

 A long time had passed since I was taken to the waiting room. Perhaps because of this, the food was brought in.

 I don't think you're gonna get an audience.

"If they're serving food, that means it's going to be a while, right?"

"I'm sorry..."

"Oh, well. We'll come back."

 When I stood up, Lethia stood up too.

 Then the butler rushed to stop me.

"I was told to come at once. Isn't it rude of you to keep me waiting like this? I'm not going to accept disrespect, no matter who it is."

 My status is not human. No one can stop me.

Oh, wait!

 Just leave the room and go back down the hall.

 Not that there's anything wrong with butlers, but I've stopped putting up with nobles and royalty.

 If someone treats you with courtesy, you return it with courtesy, but what is wrong with returning rudeness with rudeness?

 A few people came to stop me, but I don't care.

 Then a soldier came and tried to point a sword at me.

"Oh, you're going to turn the sword on me?"

 I won't go easy on you if you point a sword at me.

 Lethia-chan, don't look so glum.

"Please be quiet and go back to your room!"

 You're a soldier captain, and you want me to come back.

"Wherever I go, you have no right to tell me where to go."

"This is the castle! I will not allow this outrage!"

"That's why we're leaving the castle. What's wrong with that?"

"Ggh!"

 Who called me out? Why did you call me? If you're gonna do me a favor, don't treat me like I'm an idiot!

 We go through the soldiers. If he points a sword at me, that's the end of my relationship with this country.

 My immediate goal is to conquer the Red Tower, but I can use [[space-time magic]] to enter the Red Tower, so there's no need to go through the entrance.

 Wherever I live, I can enter the Red Tower whenever I want and leave whenever I want.

 We've collected the orphans in the Red Tower city, but the children can be moved to the Principality of Astarica.

 I'm indebted to you, Katherine, but I'll return the favor in another way.

light_mode