Chapter 24 A determined proposal


After finishing his work as a cook as usual, he went home with a woman who bought him a meal.

While I was relaxing at home, I heard a knock on the door of my room.

Knocking on the door of this room at night is almost always the request of a bouncer.

It is a little early for a bouncer's work, but it may happen.

With this in mind, I opened the door after putting on a small hand to avoid knives.

However, standing there was not a shopkeeper working as a bouncer, but a noblewoman in an extravagant dress that was out of place in a favela.

"Which one of you...?"

I was about to say, but I was too shocked to speak.

Her intricately braided hair was a shiny silver color.

Her eyes, which overflowed with tears as soon as she saw me, were the color of young grass.

She had a beautiful face, gentle and fragile, much like her mother-in-law.

As soon as she caught sight of me, she began to shed tears.

And even as she cries, she smiles with dazzling joy.

"Gino-sama..."

Anna jumped into my arms and hugged me.

"Ana...Lady Stasia? "

"Please call me Ana."

A sobbing Ana replies as she hugs me.

"No. Leave me.

You are the future queen.

It would be disgraceful to do such a thing."

As expected, the status of a commoner and a noblewoman is too different.

Because of the difference in status, I could not force her to leave and told her to leave.

"I'm not going to be queen! "

"What? "

"Don't give up on being happy."

Isn't that what Gino-sama said before?

So I won't give up.

I will try to win your heart again."

Anna hugged me and continued the conversation.

"But... she's already in that form..."

The Anna I know now would have no trouble getting married.

Her bumps have disappeared and she is beautiful like her mother-in-law, who was known as a beautiful princess.

Even if she won't be the queen, there is no need for her to choose me, a commoner who caused a big scandal, as her fiancé.

No, it's a bad idea to choose me.

It will only make you unhappy.

"Well, my appearance has changed quite a bit...

But that's okay.

If you don't like the way I look, I can change it back to the way I was."

"What? "

"The doctor told me.

It's difficult to remove a mass from a freak disease, but it's not difficult to create one.

All you have to do is insert a liquid needle under the skin.

Green skin can be recreated by tattooing.

You can go back to your original appearance, so you can look the way you want again, Gino."

I was dumbfounded and speechless.

What a mess.

Anna is saying that she'll even return to her original appearance for me?

You must have gone through a lot of hardship because of your appearance.

I know how painful it is to be ugly.

Are you saying you're going to do that for me?

My feelings for Anna turned into a muddy stream and swept away my reason.

My hands tremble and tears spontaneously overflow.

"There's no need for that!

I don't care what you look like!

I love Anna! "

Strong emotions flowed out of my mouth, and I let out my feelings like a rage.

After I said it, I realized.

I made a huge mistake.

I was so swallowed up in the torrent of my feelings that I said something I wasn't supposed to say.

As usual, I'm too emotional when it comes to Anna.

"Gino-sama..."

Anna looks up at me with a look of great emotion on her face.

Her tears, which had subsided a little, overflowed again as if they had been dammed, and she turned her beautiful, tear-stained eyes to me.

I want to hug her.

I want to put my lips on hers.

But I can't let myself become bound here.

It's not in her best interest.

The daughter of the first duke, who can have the queen's throne if she wants, should not choose a commoner from the favelas as her mate.

You can still make up for your mistake.

I'm going to rip Anna apart.

"Anna, I love you with all my heart!

That's why!

That's why it can't be me!

You're a duchess and I'm a commoner!

There's a world of difference between us!

You have a bright future ahead of you!

Forget about me, you should walk the path of glory! "

"Master Gino is not a commoner.

The Barbarians have had their disownment revoked."

Anna says with a sobbing smile on her face.

"What? ...Why? "

I'm not following you.

There's no reason for the Barbariers to rescind their disownment.

"That, of course, is the request of House Unsworth.

The House of Unsworth wants to re-engage Lady Gino with me."

"What? "

After what I've done, why would they allow me to get married?

In the first place, my reputation in the noble society must have fallen to the ground.

How could the duke and my mother-in-law allow me to marry someone with a bad reputation?

I have openly insulted the family of the Seventhsworth.

I do not believe that those two noblemen, who are noblemen in their own right, would allow such an insult to their family to be done to the honor of the nobility.

More importantly, the benefit of being a relative of the king is far greater than that of being engaged to me.

Even if you forgive the insult, there is no reason for you to want to be engaged to me again.

While I'm thinking, Anna kneels before me.

What are you going to do?

Then she takes my hand and kisses the back of it.

"Will you marry me?

I promise I'll make you happy.

So please don't give up on your own happiness."

(! ! ! )

What Anna did was a courtship maneuver.

However, this method of courtship is for men to ask women to marry them.

In this country, women are not allowed to ask for marriage, so there are no courting manners for women.

That's why Anna asked me to marry her in the manner of men.

In this world where women are not allowed to ask men to marry them,

I wonder how much courage and determination it takes to do so in a world where women are not allowed to ask men to marry them.

I could feel Anna's feelings for me, and my tears welled up more and more.

I had reached my limit.

I couldn't pretend to be something I wasn't any more.

I picked up Anna on her knees and held her tightly, laying my lips on hers.

She devoured Anna's lips with a passion that seemed to explode.

"Anna, I love you.

I'll never let you go again."

I told her as we parted our lips.

"Yes. I'll be with you for the rest of my life."

Anna said with tears in her eyes and a smile that made me feel as if I were dreaming.

I devoured her lips once more.


light_mode