Chapter 05 To the Marquess (Anastasia's point of view)

After receiving a reprimand from your father, we decided not to take a stroll in the garden together, and had a chat with your parents.

The scene of Genorius's proposal kept coming back to my mind.

Each time I became embarrassed and looked down to hide my red face.

Will I really be engaged to such a wonderful person?

I thought today's match was going to be a disaster. ....

I couldn't believe that this brilliant and witty man had proposed to me.

I was sitting on the couch, but I felt like I was floating, and it didn't feel real.

Even though I knew it was a trifle, I couldn't help looking at Mr. Ginorius.

Every time I look at her beautiful face, I can't believe that such a beautiful woman wanted to marry me, and I wonder if I'm not dreaming.

(Ha! (! )

I was so embarrassed that I looked away when my eyes met Ginorius'.

It is unbecoming of a lady to stare at a man.

Of course, I don't want Genorius to think that I am a trifling woman.

But I couldn't help but be conscious of Genorius-sama, and my eyes would turn to look at him.

(Ack! ! )

When I glanced at Genorius-sama again, somehow he was looking at me with a gentle smile.

My heart jumped up and down as I was suddenly greeted by a smile from a person with a cool impression who did not smile often.

Why was she looking at me with a smile?

What was the meaning behind that smile?

I could tell that I was upset.

It's a heartbreaking smile, by the way.

How can someone as beautiful and cool as a spring in the middle of winter smile so sweetly?

It's too good to be true.

I've been thinking of nothing but you, Zinorius.

I've read in a book that when you fall in love, you become obsessed with that person.

Could this be love? ?

How is it possible for me to fall in love with a man?

It was time for me to leave.

Just a glimpse of Genorius-sama filled my heart with something and made me feel very good.

However, the thought that I will not be able to see him for a while makes me feel depressed.

Why do I feel depressed just because I can't see Genorius-sama's face?

Is this love, after all?

Is it possible to fall in love with someone the day you meet them?

I'm sure she is beautiful and kind, but...

I will write to you.

I will write you a letter," said Mr. Ginorius with an expressionless face.

As soon as he said that, my depressed mood disappeared and I felt as if I wanted to dance.

"Me too..."

Why am I so embarrassed to be talking to Mr. Zinorius?

I thought I was able to talk to him normally before.

But now, for some reason, I'm too embarrassed to talk to him face to face.

Ever since he proposed to me, I don't seem to be me.

I'm so embarrassed that my voice is getting quieter and quieter.

"Hmm.

Mr. Ginorius. Take care of my daughter, will you?"

"Yes. Yes. And I look forward to working with you for many years to come.

"Yes, please."

As I turned my head to hide my blushing face, I heard Genorius's voice and I hurriedly replied.

But Genorius-sama seemed to be talking to her mother, and I seemed to have interrupted the conversation from the side.

Ugh.

I'm so embarrassed.

Why can't I be more graceful like a lady?

I didn't want Genorius to see me like this.

◆◆◆◆◆

Anna. Wasn't she lovely? "Anna.

I couldn't say anything when your mother said that.

It brings back memories of being seen proposing to her.

My ears are hot.

I'm sure my ears are turning red.

As I turned my head to face her, she chuckled.

But no matter how capable you are, you can't give up the title of Seventh Worth to someone who can't make Anna happy.

Wasn't it brave of you to sign the papers and make the engagement official?

It would have been better if you had taken a little more time to find out if he really cared about you.

Your father complained.

It seems that while I was preoccupied with Genorius, your mother overruled your father and decided to make the engagement official.

That's okay.

Didn't you see the proposal?

You saw how he proposed to me. I can assure you that he meant what he said about Anna's happiness.

We've been going at it as nobles for years.

You know that, don't you? You know that.

"I know that.

That's why I signed the papers..."

It seems that the proposal was well heard by everyone.

If I had a hole, I'd go in it.

◆◆◆◆◆

Then the correspondence with Mr. Ginorius began.

I was amazed at the wide range of knowledge, deep insight, and logical thinking in the letter from Genorius.

It is as if he has been running a business since he was ten years old.

Your wisdom can be seen in your writing.

And the letter seemed to exude the sincere character of Mr. Zinorius.

What amazed me the most was his receptiveness.

I wondered if she was really the same age as me.

Many times, I felt as if I were being pampered by someone much older than me.

I found myself becoming more and more attracted to Mr. Genorius with each letter I read.

I now look forward to reading your letters.

I read the letter as soon as I received it, and I read it again and again whenever I found time.

Every time I reread the letter, a warmth spreads in my heart and I feel refreshed.

Maybe this is love after all.

I wanted to read the next letter right away, so I sent it by the fastest express mail, and Mr. Genorius also replied by the fastest express mail.

No matter how many times I send the fastest express mail, I always get the fastest reply.

Is it possible that Mr. Ginorius is also looking forward to receiving my letters?

If he feels the same way as I do, I will be very happy.

Oh. I'm sure of it.

This must be love.

But how can you fall in love with someone you've only met once and then exchanged letters with?

The main characters in romance novels don't fall in love easily, but what a cheap woman I am.

I didn't know that I was such a simple woman.

Well, maybe that's just the way it is.

No man has ever come this close to me before, the ugly me.

Ginorius is the first man who has ever come so close to me, an ugly man full of bumps and bruises.

◆◆◆◆◆

I'm not sure what to say.

My name is Zinorius, the second son of the Barbarians.

I look forward to working with you for many years to come."

With that, Genorius made a polite bow.

It has been two months since I first met you, Genorius.

We are in the middle of an engagement ceremony and all the people concerned are gathered in our church.

The documents have just been signed in the presence of the priest, and now Mr. Zinorius is my official fiancé.

I hadn't seen him for a long time, but his clothes had changed to something more appropriate for a son of the Barbarians, and he looked much better looking than when I first met him.

The tall and cool beauty of Mr. Zinorius is well suited to black formal wear.

In the solemn church, the sunlight shining through the stained glass windows on Mr. Ginorius, who was standing coolly with no expression on his face, was as beautiful as a painting.

Before I knew it, I had fallen in love with his figure.

I can understand why the women around me called you the "Lord of the Black Ice".

It's like a dream come true that this cold and clear beauty like an ice sculpture is my fiancée.

The engagement ceremony lasted only about twenty minutes, as all the parties involved only greeted each other and signed the papers.

From now on, Genorius will change his clothes and learn how to run a duchy while helping his father's business.

From now on, Genorius will be in our house every day.

"Work is important, but take care of Anna, too, okay? Please take care of Anna.

Your mother says to Genorius.

"Of course.

I'll take good care of her with all my heart.

Hearing those words, my heart jumped again.

I can't believe that such a wonderful person will take good care of me.

It's like a dream.

In the past two months, the situation around me has been changing rapidly, and my heart has not yet been able to keep up.

I don't really feel that Mr. Ginorius is officially my fiancé, and every time he says something nice to me, I wonder if this is real.

I've arranged a tea party for this afternoon.

I've arranged a tea party for this afternoon, so you can work in moderation and keep Anna company.

Normally, I should be the one to invite her, but her mother helped me by inviting Zinorius to the tea party instead of me.

Thank you for your help.

Actually, I hadn't had the courage to invite myself to tea yet.

I am honored.

I'm looking forward to the tea party with you, Anastasia.

Genorius said and bowed gracefully.

The way he moved was graceful and handsome.

He said in his letter that he had spent the last two months studying manners and etiquette, and his manners have really become more graceful.

◆◆◆◆◆

In the afternoon, I had a tea party with Mr. Ginorius.

Genorius is now sitting in front of me.

"Oh, um... Mr. Ginorius.

I have a request."

I told Genorius about my favor.

'A favor?  Anna.

Today's goal is to get Genorius to stop using honorifics.

You're officially my fiancée from now on, so it's not right for you to talk to me in honorific terms.

If you don't give him permission, he will have to use honorifics all the time.

Do your best to learn how to talk without honorifics.

That's what your mother told me before the tea ceremony.

Today, I need to be able to speak to Master Jeannorius as a betrothed.

That's what I'm asking.

What is it?

Please say anything."

Zinorius said in a voice that seemed to embrace me.

I'm sure you've heard of it, but I'm not sure if you've heard of it.

I would like you not to address me with "sama" either.

I said to Genorius.

"Oh. I see.

All right.

I'll speak without honorifics from now on."

"Thank you, sir."

When I heard Genorius-sama's words, I realized that he was really my fiancé from today.

I felt a little embarrassed and looked down.

I have a favor to ask you, if you don't mind. Do you mind?"

"Yes. Yes, please say anything.

I was nervous because I was not used to being spoken to by a man without honorifics.

My voice was almost trembling.

"Can you call me 'Gino'? "

Oh! What?

You're suddenly calling me by my nickname? ?

It is not usual for a lady of noble birth to call men outside her family by their nicknames.

It is only men who are in a close relationship with their fiancé or lover that call the opposite sex by nicknames.

In other words, to call a man by his nickname is to show that you have a very close relationship with him.

It's a confession of love...

"Hey. Call me Gino."

I'm confused, but Genorius is coming after me.

There's no escape now.

"Gino."

Oh.

For the first time in my life, I've shown myself to be fond of a man.

My face is hot.

I'm ashamed.

I can't look right at Genorius' face.

I turned my face down and closed my eyes.

As I was meditating, my hand on his lap was suddenly taken away, and I looked up in surprise.

What? ! ?

Genorius-sama, who was sitting across from me a moment ago, was now sitting right beside me, holding my left hand with both hands.

Thank you. I am very happy.

May I call you Anna? Can I call you Anna?

Genorius smiled as warmly as the light of spring.

Aaaaah! It's so close!

It's so close!  It's so close!

Please don't give me that dazzling smile at such close range!

Why are you holding my hand? ?

My heart raced and my head boiled in an instant, and I panicked.

"...... is... yes..."

There was no way I could think straight, so I replied in confusion.

"Oh. Anna. My Anna.

Please take care of her.

My Anna?

Isn't that a term of affection used by lovers to their lovers?

Wasn't it only the hero of romance novels who was told such a thing?

I never thought I'd hear a man say such a thing to me.

I'm getting dizzy from all the heat in my head.

I'm at my wits end.

My heart is about to burst.

I feel like I'm going crazy.

I'm confused, and before I can calm down, more confusion ensues.

"Ma'am. The tea is getting cold. I'll change it.

Bridget called out, and Ginorius left my side and sat back down.

I managed to keep myself from fainting as Brigitte offered me some water.

That was a close call.

A tea party with your fiancé is such a difficult thing to keep sane.

◆◆◆◆◆

(Mr. Gino)

That night, after I got into bed, I called out to Gino-sama in my mind.

I was so embarrassed and happy that I rolled around on the bed by myself.
light_mode