Chapter 09 Entrance to the school

"I hear that your education has reached a level that would make a member of the Barbarian family feel ashamed.

You will attend the school from next month"

That's what my father-in-law of the Barbarie family told me, and I started to attend the school.

The school is not a school that I have to go to every day like the school in my previous life.

As long as you can pass the regular exams, you don't have to attend.

In fact, even Anna is enrolled in the school but does not attend.

She has only been taking the exams since she entered the school.

◆◆◆◆◆

There was an exam for admission.

If you are a commoner, you may be rejected for lack of academic ability, but nobles are not rejected.

Even so, the reason why nobles had to take an examination was to check their academic level.

If the exam shows that you are not good enough, the school will recommend that you take a class in that subject.

As for the exam, I had no problems except for the pain of having to solve problems for three days from morning till evening.

Since I was the only one to transfer, I was the only one to take the exam and the only one to be graded.

So, I was told the results of the exam on the same day.

Of course, there was no problem with my academic performance.

That's true.

I have memories of my previous life and I was an adult when I was born.

I knew as soon as I could understand the language that I would have to leave home for my fourth son, and at the same time I felt the need to acquire knowledge for that purpose.

It must be weird to be a kid who likes reading commercial books more than playing with toys.

However, thanks to this voracious absorption of knowledge, I had no difficulty in taking the entrance examinations for geography, history, neighboring languages, and so on.

Regular exams are given only in the basic subjects, so you can graduate as long as you know the basic subjects.

The entrance examinations were also limited to the basic subjects.

However, there were also classes of applied subjects that were not subject to exams, and they were all maniacal and showed the colors of the professor.

They all sounded interesting.

Since I had no academic problems, I was not advised to take any of the classes, but I decided to take some of the applied courses, such as agricultural history of neighboring countries.

When I returned to the Barbarie family, somehow they all knew about the results of the exam.

Apparently, the school had sent out the news as soon as the grading was completed.

I was embarrassed to hear the praise from everyone, including my father-in-law.

My sister-in-law, who is as ladylike as a picture, said to me with sparkling eyes, "You're very good. When my sister-in-law, who is as ladylike as a picture, said to me with glittering eyes, "You're very good, brother-in-law," I almost opened the door to another world.

◆◆◆◆◆

"Gino-sama. I'm sorry to hear that.

You've been awarded the highest grade in the top class?

Congratulations."

"Oh. Thank you Anna.

I'm glad I'm in your class.

From now on, when you go to the academy, I'll go with you.

I can't wait to be with you."

The day after the entrance exam, Ana congratulated me on the good results of the exam.

It's funny how just seeing her smile takes away the fatigue.

I heard.

I heard you got a perfect score in every subject.

I'm surprised you were so good."

Really.

I'm so glad you're with someone so bright."

The Duke and my mother-in-law joined me in congratulating me.

Unusually today they both greeted me at the door.

"Yes. Anna.

I'd like to buy you a dress.

"A dress? A dress?

Yeah.

Now that I'm at the academy, I have to attend a party hosted by the academy.

I'd like you to attend the party with me.

"Of course. Of course, I'll go with you.

Anna smiles gaily.

"Thank you, Anna."

I'm so happy that I squeeze her hand.

And the dress and accessories are all my colors, okay?

I want all of you to be my color, from head to toe."

Holding Anna's hand, she tells her what she wants.

"Yes, yes..."

She turns red and gets embarrassed as usual.

You're so cute.

"You don't have to do that much!

You don't have to do that! Get your hands off me!

The uncomfortable looking Duke gives me a wait.

I have no choice but to take my hands off Anna.

But it's been a long time since she's been to a party, don't you want her to get any bad bugs? But she hasn't been to a party in a long time.

Anna has been participating in the social events hosted by the school, but it's not something she likes to do.

She only attends the bare minimum, showing up at parties she has to attend.

So the next party will be the first one in a long time for Ana.

There is no guarantee that there won't be someone who wants to take advantage of Ana.

No, she is such an attractive woman.

Rationally, we should assume that there are a lot of guys out there.

We can never be too careful.

"Well, Mr. Gino.

I think it's you who's more likely to get a bad bug than me.

Anna said from the side.

"Yes. Yes.

The smart people suspect Gino-san is the source of that lotion.

The lotion came out after you started coming in and out of the house.

Many of them know you're a merchant and think you found the lotion with the help of the merchant association.

I've been using covert agents to keep an eye on your business in Seventh Worth, and I've heard that there are quite a few rats wandering around your business.

And I don't think it's just people trying to figure out where they're coming from.

I'm sure there are others who would like to use their feminine wiles to ensnare you, thinking that if they can get you, they can get the lotion as well, without having to track down the source.

So you've come to spy on me after all.

It was a good thing I kept the lab separate from the Chamber of Commerce.

I looked at Anna and saw that she had a worried expression on her face.

Seeing her like that, I felt an uncontrollable surge of emotion.

Please don't look at me like that.

I want her to smile.

I want to protect her.

That thought filled my head.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I worried you.

I'll always be here for you, so please don't worry."

I said and hugged her.

I hugged her because my body moved impulsively.

"What? What?"

She looked up at me in my arms with a startled look on her face, but as she realized that she was in my arms, her eyes began to water and her face went from blue to red.

"What are you doing? ! What are you doing?

The duke forcibly pulled me away from him, and I was forced into his office with him holding me by the collar.

Normally, I would have turned pale, but I was immersed in the warmth of Anna's body and the softness of her body when I hugged her, and I felt like I was walking on a cloud.

In the end, I was forced to work late into the night without food.

Normally, I would have taken a glance at Anna before leaving, but the duke told me that I was not allowed to see her since her bathing time was over, and I shrugged my shoulders.

In this world, it is good manners not to meet a woman after bathing.

As I trudged toward the entrance, I was surprised to see Anna standing in the entrance hall.

I saw Anna standing in the entrance hall.

"Anna! Anna!"

I called out to her and hurried over to her.

She had just finished bathing, and her shiny silver hair, which reached her waist, was tied into a light bun at the back of her neck.

Perhaps it was before bedtime, but she was wearing a much rougher one-piece dress than her usual luxurious dress befitting a duchess.

The usual Anna is nice, but this kind of Anna is also nice and fresh.

I have a favor to ask.

Anna says shyly, fidgeting.

Anything you want.

Anything you want, I'll do it.

I'll do anything Anna asks.

I say this with confidence.

Please let me have the suit from Gino's party as a gift.

What? What?

Anna is going to give me a suit? What?

I guess that's what you call unexpected joy!

"Of course!

Anna!  I'm so happy! Wait.

One moment, please.

What? What?"

I impulsively tried to hug Anna, but a servant behind me quickly stepped in between us and pushed me so that he could land a palm strike on my midsection.

I am pinned down by it.

The lady is bathing.

Please refrain from contact."

That was close.

I was about to do it again.

It's bad manners just to see a woman before bedtime, but hugging her is a big problem.

By the way, this servant is no ordinary person.

She's small and slender, so there's a big difference in height and weight between her and me, but she easily holds me down.

He quickly stepped in between me and Anna and didn't make a single sound.

I haven't heard much about her, but I'm sure she's also Anna's bodyguard.

"I'm sorry, sir.

Are you okay? Are you okay?

It is the misbehavior of a servant to strike a guest in the midsection, and the householder is responsible for it.

Anna, the housekeeper, apologized on behalf of the servant.

No. Thank you for stopping me.

Lately, I've been losing control when it comes to Anna."

If I don't show my gratitude here, the servant will be punished, so I naturally show my gratitude.

By the way, this servant is Ms. Brigitte Audran.

This servant is Bridget Audran, Anna's personal servant, who is always with Anna and often talks with me.

In the past, she wouldn't have used her power to stop me from running wild, but since she and I have become closer recently, she has been intervening more and more like this.

I'm glad to hear that.

I'm so happy to hear that you're giving me an outfit for the party.

I said, my face breaking into a smile.

"Um... wouldn't it bother you if I put my color in the suit? Would it bother you?"

Anna asks with a worried look on her face.

Why is this girl so insecure about herself?

Of course I'm happy.

I'm happy with either the silver in your hair or the grass in your eyes.

I don't care if it's all silver or all grass.

"That's a little..."

While we were having this conversation, we decided to give each other clothes for the party.
light_mode